How to File as a Candidate
Campaign Filing PacketCandidate Requirements
- Must be an eligible voter
- Must be at least 21 years old when assuming office
- Must reside in their district for at least 30 days before the General Election
- Must have no other affidavit on file for any other elected office
- Must pay $5 filing fee for local election
- Must file an Affidavit of Candidacy form in the office of the City Clerk or by mail
- Must complete and file Campaign Finance Reports
Filing Dates for 2022 Mayor and City Council Election
- Opens: May 17, 2022
- Closes: May 31, 2022 at 5 p.m.
- Affidavits of Withdrawal are due to the City Clerk by June 2, 2022 by 5 p.m. (MN Statutes 20513, subd. 6).
- The filing fee is non-refundable (MN Statute 204B.11)
- Municipal Races:
- Rosemount City Hall, 2875 145th Street W, Rosemount, MN 55068
- County Races:
- State/Federal Races:
For more information, email Rosemount's Office of the City Clerk or call 651-322-2003.
Minnesota Campaign & Public Disclosure Board
Candidates that file with the City of Rosemount for local races will receive a packet of information containing materials regarding campaigning, signage, a precinct map and information on where other material may be obtained. This packet will be reviewed with the candidates at the time of filing.
Fair Campaign Practices
View the Campaign Filing Packet
- May be posted from 46 days prior to the State Primary Election until 10 days after the General Election. (MN State Statute 211B.045)
- May not be placed upon public lands or any street right of way or on private property without the permission of the owner or lessee. Review City campaign sign regulations.
- Posters must verify Dakota County's policy on placement of signs.
Campaign Financial Reporting Requirements
During a year when the candidate's name is on the ballot, at least three finance reports must be filed:
- 10 days before the primary or special primary
- 10 days before the General Election or Special Election
- 30 days after the General or Special Election
- Initial Finance Report must be filed within 14 days of receiving or disbursing contributions of more than $750.
- Annual Report is required by January 31 of each year and until a Final Report is filed.
- Final Report is filed by a candidate or committee when all debts have been settled and all assets in excess of $100 in the aggregate are disposed of.
- Certificate of Filing Report must be filed no later than 7 days after the General Election.
- A Statement of Economic Interest Report is required by all elective office candidates (except judicial candidates)
- within 14 days after filing an affidavit of candidacy; and
- within 60 days of accepting employment.
- While in office, Supplementary Statements are filed annually by January 25.